Saturday, June 25

Bolt dreams of watching Tendulkar play

Bolt dreams of watching Tendulkar play
Kingston, Jamaica: Sachin Tendulkar's long list of admirers keeps on growing with world and Olympic champion sprinter Usain Bolt today saying he was one of "greatest cricketer" and he dreams of watching the Indian champion play on the cricket field.

Bolt, one of the most celebrated modern sporting icons, also said that he would one day run in India, despite the fact that had pulled out of the Commonwealth Games held here last year.

"For me he (Tendulkar) is one of the greatest cricketers I have seen. He has done extremely well and he is a very aggressive cricketer. I look forward to the day when I can see him play live," said the Jamaican 100m world record holder (9.58secs) about Tendulkar who opted out of India's ongoing West Indies tour to take rest.



Bolt dreams of watching Tendulkar play
"It would be great had he (Tendulkar) played in Jamaica (in India's first Test against West Indies). I want to see him play, that is my dream," said the triple Olympic and World Championships gold medallist.

Bolt also said that he loved the aggressive attitude of Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the first Test in Kingston.

"I loved to watch Dhoni, he is aggressive. Both of them (Dhoni and Tendulkar) are aggressive players," he told 'Times Now'.

Bolt's favourite West Indies player is swashbuckling batsman Chris Gayle, who was axed from the squad due to a
stand-off with his Cricket Board.

"I want to watch Chris Gayle play. I have never met him and he is my favourite," said Bolt about his compatriot.

Asked about any chance of running in India, Bolt said, "In future I hope I can make a comeback in India as I heard there is a big fanbase for me there. I like to thank them for the support and I would urge them to keep supporting me."

He said his focus now is to reach peak form during the World Championships in Daegu, South Korea from August 27 to
September 4.

"I want to do my best in the World Championships and I am working for that. My focus is the World Championships and I want to be the best there."

Source: NDTV Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment